Sunday, November 30, 2014
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Two out of Five Stars
Oh my word, I got caught in the crazy of the in crowd. A movie comes out that is based on a book. The previews seemed so good. Then heard some bad reviews. But hey, a book is always better than the movie. Right? Well I am unable to compare the two because I only read the book. But based on what I heard of the movie, I don't think it falls far from the book. The beginning of the book took forever to catch my attention that I almost was ready to put down the book and start to read a different book. But I was on a waiting list to be able to read this book, I just had to read to the end. Then finally I made it to the middle of the book, so excited the author grabbed me into the story. So, here I am excited the story was getting so good, and then the end happened. I don't want to give it away. but the end... Well, not a very pleasing end just like I saw posted for the review of the movie. If the end of the book kept my attention as well as the middle, maybe I wouldn't have not care for the end so much. But hey, never knock a writer. I am grateful for writers! They create for all the different enjoyments of all the different kinds of readers!
Labels:
Book Reviews
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment